In this Policy:
- Personal information means any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified or reasonably identified. It does not include information that has been de-identified.
- Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and includes the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and applicable privacy regulations.
- This Policy sets out the types of personal information that we may collect and how that personal information will be used, disclosed, and protected. This Policy also explains how you can access or amend any personal information we hold about you, and how you may make a complaint.
Collection of personal information
Types of personal information we collect;
- The types of information we collect from you depends on your dealings with us but will typically include your name, email address, and telephone number.
- We only collect personal information that is necessary for the dealings you have with us, for example:
- when you register with our app or website as an individual member, establish or access an account, or otherwise enquire about our website or app or services, we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, telephone number or email address, and address.
- when you submit any personal information to us when creating a profile, when you leave feedback, complaints or questions in relation to our services, or when you post comments or submit publicly available content on to our social media, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- if you apply for a job vacancy or volunteer position with us or via any third party recruitment service we use, we will collect your CV and other application information required to allow us to assess your application and to retain for human resources purposes.
- If we have any business dealings with you, then from those dealings with us in the normal course of business through meetings, phone calls, letters, emails, as well as via mailing lists, advertisers and commercial agreements.
When you register with our app or website as an individual member, our app or website may ask for information about you which is considered ‘sensitive information’ (as defined in the APPs). The purpose of collecting such information is to ensure that we can contact you and make recommendations to you. We only use your sensitive information for this purpose and no other purpose.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information primarily for the purpose of the above interactions with you. We may also collect and use your personal information for planning and market research purposes, to innovate our delivery of products and services, to inform you about our events and promotions, and any related secondary purpose which we believe you would reasonably expect.
How we use and disclose your personal information
Any personal information that you provide to us will be used for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us. We may also use and/or disclose your personal information for other purposes which you consent to or which are required or permitted by law. This may include for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, and for which you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information.
- WV will not disclose personal information to any third parties except:
- where we are required or authorised to do so by law;
- to other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who performfunctions on our behalf (such as third party service providers, specialist consultants, hosting and data storage providers); or
- where you have consented to the disclosure.
- Some anonymous demographic information may be provided to advertisers so they can assess whether they wish to participate in advertising, and if so, this information may play a role in the design of their advertisements for our website or mobile apps. All information disclosed in these circumstances will be stripped entirely of all personal information so that it does not identify you.
- Except as otherwise stated, we do not disclose or publish personal information collected through our website or app without your express consent. Access to this information is restricted to our staff and contractors who are bound to respect the privacy of this information and/or bound by confidentiality obligations.
- You have the right to access the personal information that WV holds about you and can do this by contacting us on the details below.
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of informing you about our services, upcoming promotions and events, or other opportunities that we think may interest you. If you do not want to receive these communications, you can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time. We include an unsubscribe facility in all emails we send to you. Otherwise you can contact us at any time at on the details below to unsubscribe or update your preferences.
Commitment to data security
WV will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons. The accuracy of the personal information we receive depends on the information you provide. We recommend you let us know if there are any errors in your personal information by contacting us directly.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our website or app.
- We also encourage you to keep your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords and account details used on our website or app. It is your sole responsibility to maintain such confidentiality and WV will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense suffered due to such disclosure.
- We take steps to securely destroy or de-identify personal information that we no longer require.
Where we are subject to the APPs, we may be required to notify you about ‘eligible data breaches’.
- An eligible data breach occurs when:
- a) there is unauthorised access to or disclosure of personal information we hold (or information is lost in circumstances where unauthorised access or disclosure is likely to occur)
- b) the access, disclosure or loss is likely to result in serious harm to you; an
- c) we are unable to prevent the likely risk of serious harm with remedial action
- If it is not clear whether a suspected data breach meets these criteria, we will investigate and assess the breach further. This is to ensure you are notified if your personal information is involved in a data breach that is likely to result in serious harm. Even if the criteria are not met, we may decide it appropriate to notify you anyway as part of our commitment to taking privacy seriously.
Links to other sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any of the websites that are linked to our website from time to time. If you have a concern about one of those websites, you are welcome to contact us if you think we should remove our link.
Changes to this Policy
We may revise this Policy from time to time as we add new features or as laws change that may affect our website and our business. When we make changes, they are reflected on this page. Any revised Policy will apply both to information we already have about you at the time of the change, and any personal information created or received after the change takes effect. We encourage you to refer back to this Policy regularly to review any amendments.
How to contact us
please contact us:
- Ph: +61456578793
- Email: email@example.com,
- Address: Suite 597 166 Burwood Road Hawthorn VIC 3122, Australia.
- We take complaints and breaches of the APPs very seriously and will investigate any complaint we receive and respond as soon as reasonably practicable.